ExPO-r-Net deliverables and milestones have been successfully completed by project partners through 8 Work Packages :
Horizontal Work Packages
WP1: Coordination of the project
- WP leader: CCRI
- Description: Actions undertaken to manage the project and to make sure that it is implemented as planned.
- Deliverables: Interim, technical progress and financial progress reports.
WP2. Dissemination of the project
- WP leader: SIOPE
- Description: Actions undertaken to ensure that the results and deliverables of the project will be made available to the target groups.
- Deliverables: Dissemination Plan for cross-communication, knowledge transfer and activity integration. Multistakeholder conference.
WP3. Evaluation of the project
- WP leader: UOB
- Description: Actions undertaken to verify if the project is being implemented as planned and reaches the objectives
- Deliverables: External evaluation report of project.
Core Work Packages
WP4. Addressing needs and challenges of cross-border healthcare co-operations and current expert fragmentation
- WP leader: CCRI
- Description: This WP addresses real needs and challenges of current cross- border healthcare co-operations. Currently no clear roadmap to approved expert reference centres is available for health care providers to justify patients’ streams and inherent costs. A ERN for pediatric oncology will be established.
- Deliverables: Report on specific needs of particular paediatric oncology patients. Report on the established roadmap identifying ERN centres and tumour boards.
WP5. Paediatric Oncology tumour board ERN based on eHealth/ICT concepts for sharing and providing expert advice
- WP leader: HULAFE
- Description: Tumor Boards (TB) are the paradigm of multidisciplinarity and expertise in Pediatric Oncology. Developing a coherent ICT strategy and create an interoperability architecture for ExPO-r- NeT TBs will facility access to the best expert care to all children with cancer in Europe without travelling.
- Deliverables: Report identifying European tumour boards of ECTGs providing ICT logistics.
WP6. Defining criteria for a common process for identification and recognition of PO expert centres in Europe
- WP leader: MUL
- Description: Promote high-quality patient care in paediatric oncology centres through an international identification and recognition system and reduce care inequalities between centres/countries. The project is initially targeted at paediatric oncology units recognized as centres of expertise at a national level.
- Deliverables: Identification and recognition process for healthcare centers to be recognised within the European Reference Network.
WP7. Cross-border dimension of long-term follow-up: survivorship passport with crucial treatment & follow-up data
- WP leader: ULUND
- Description: This work package will build on the experience and results from the ENCCA Network and the PanCareSurFup project, as well as expertise from SIOPE and the PanCare Network.
- Deliverables: Set-up a virtual late-effects advisory centre for specific care needs of childhood cancer survivors.
WP8. Integrating children with very rare tumours in a European Reference Network
- WP leader: AOPD
- Description: WP8 will be dedicated to paediatric rare cancers and identify centers of reference, formulate and implement standard of care guidelines, offer consultancy services to European centers of paediatric oncology, allow the exchange of data between centers, and planning of clinical and biological studies.
- Deliverables: Standard of care guidelines for VRT and very rare STS.