ExPO-r-Net was co-funded by the EU Health Programme in the framework of testing the implementation of European Reference Networks – a feature of Directive 2011/24/EU on the application of patients’ rights in cross-border healthcare.
What is a European Reference Network (ERN)
ERNs are set to bring together hubs of coordination from different Member States in disease areas where expertise is rare.
This concentration of resources and expertise will help to:
The strategic relevance of ExPO-r-Net in this context consists in generating the information on how ERNs can be successful and providing an operational framework for a Paediatric Oncology ERN to truly improve standards of care for children and young people with cancer.
Other EU projects
Abbreviations used in the project:
- ECRC: European Clinical Research Council of Paediatric Oncology – SIOPE Clinical Trial Council
- ECTG(s): European Clinical Trial Groups
- ERN(s): European Reference Network(s)
- CBHC: Cross-Border HealthCare
- ICT: Information & Communication Technology
- PMT: Project Management Team
- PO : Paediatric Oncology
- STS: Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- TB(s): Tumor Board(s)
- VRT: Very Rare Tumours
- WP: Work package